- Dynamic (thermal) line rating (real-time steady state)
- Dynamic short-term emergency ratings (STE), in a time-configurable manner
- Forecasted line ratings for hourly, 2-hour, 4-hour, 24-hour or other periods as specified
Asset Health Monitoring
Improve your Transmission Planning and Maintenance strategies by prioritizing the repair and replacement of lines that are most critical based on the module’s estimation of remaining conductor life.
The Asset Health Module creates an asset digital twin, integrating both historical and real-time data from the target transmission line to compute conductor baseline health from LineVision system data.
Integrating line design engineering specifications, information obtained after a line is built, and real-time field measurements the module delivers an assessment of actual conductor condition, analysis of factors/events which contributed to loss of strength, and projected remaining asset life.
- Analysis of historical high temperature exposure and sag
- Remaining tensile strength
- Projected conductor end of life
- Engineering designed sag vs actual post creep sag assessment
- Galloping event: Amplitude and maximum tension experienced
- Icing events: Ice weight accumulation and maximum tension experienced
- Recommended revised safe operating limits
DLR Profiling Studies
Do you have a network constraint that may benefit from DLR? Evaluating several options to alleviate it? Our DLR Profiling Study can estimate the incremental line capacity provided by LineVision and DLR based on back-casted DLR simulations for your specific line base using historical weather data. The LineVision DLR Profiling Study can give you the confidence to move forward with the right solution for your site.
Transmission Conductor Assessments
Questions or concerns on specific lines, spans or aging asset performance? Need “Ground Truth” to validate whether lines are operating within safe clearances and temperatures? LineVision’s Transmission Conductor Assessment is a flexible service to validate line performance.
This turnkey service uses our patented non-contact monitors to measure vital parameters of your critical lines. This complete service includes the equipment, installation, calibration, analysis and custom report. The LineVision V3 system can be deployed for 90 days or up to a full year capture data over different operating and environmental conditions to ensure confidence for safe and reliable operation.